Most frequent questions
There is no sparkling water coming out of my tap, what should I do? CUBE / Chiller
When little or no sparkling water is coming out of your tap, but your chilled water is working as normal, your CO2 cylinder is empty.
In order to solve this, you can order a CO2 cyliner refill through our webshop, using this link.
Once you have ordered a CO2 refill, the Quooker Service Team will contact you in 1-2 business days to schedule a visit for the actual refill.
* The same is applicable in case you have a chiller instead of a CUBE.
My sparkling and/or chilled water has a weird taste, what should I do? CUBE / Chiller
When your CUBE hasn't been used for a while, it might happen that the sparkling and/or chilled water coming out of your Quooker tap has a weird taste.
This can easily be solved by flushing your CUBE. In order to do so, follow the instructions below.
Instructions are similar for sparkling and chilled water. Whether you have issues with your sparkling water, your chilled water or both, choose which type of water you should flush.
1. Activate the sparkling / chilled water at your tap and let it run until your CUBE is empty. This will take roughly one minute. Once the CUBE is empty, water will stop coming out of your tap.
2. Wait for 10 seconds
3. Activate the sparkling / chilled water once more and empty your CUBE reservoir a second time
4. In order for the CUBE to properly cool down the water, wait 15 minutes
5. You now should have sparkling / chilled water again, without a weird taste
* The same principle can be followed in case you have a chiller instead of a CUBE. The only difference between both systems is that the water will not automatically stop running after 1 minute. Therefore, in step 1 and 3, you will need to stop the water yourself after 1 minute, in case you have a chiller.
There is little to no water coming out of my tap when I try to dispense chilled water, what should I do? CUBE / Chiller
During the hot summer months in the UAE, your chiller has to work very hard to reduce the temperature of the incoming water by 15 degrees. This is because the incoming water is very hot.
- Ever tried to open the cold water in your shower during UAE summers? It was probably very warm, if not even hot -
As a result of this hard work, it might happen that the icebank inside your chiller freezes. The icebank is the element inside your chiller through which your water has to run in order to get chilled.
When the icebank inside your chiller is frozen, little to no water will be able to go through the icebank. This will result in little to no water coming out of your tap when you try to dispense chilled water.
In case you have a chiller that can dispense sparkling water too, there will also be little to no sparkling water coming out of your tap.
In case you have a CUBE, sparkling water will still be coming out of your tap
In order to solve this, you will need to defrost the icebank inside your chiller. Instrcutions on how to do this can be found below.
1. Switch off the chiller and unplug it from the electrical socket for 4 hours, leaving time for the icebank to defrost
2. Plug in the chiller to the electrical socket and switch it on again (after 4 hours)
3. Try to activate the chilled water. Everything should be back to normal now.
From the description above, you can conclude that it isn't abnormal for you icebank to freeze once in a while during UAE summers. However, if this is happening frequently or during the colder weather, there is probably a problem with the ventilation of your chiller.
Therefore it is always advisable to make sure your chiller has enough ventilation. In order to achieve this, we advise all our clients to make sure that there is a free space of 10cm all around their chiller. If needed, additional ventilation grills will have to be forseen in the cabinet front.
* It is less common, though the same is applicable in case you have a CUBE instead of a chiller.
There's a sound and light alarm going off at my CUBE, what should I do? CUBE / Chiller
12 months after the installation of your CUBE / after your last CUBE filter replacement, your CUBE will be beeping and flashing. This is an alarm to let you know that your CUBE is due for its CUBE filter replacement.
This alarm will only go off when you dispense chilled / sparkling water, and will stop again after a couple of minutes.
You can snooze the alarm for 72 hours, giving you time to order a new CUBE filter from the Quooker webshop. In order to do so, briefly press the red illuminated button under the sliding panel on top of your CUBE.
As all Quooker systems in the UAE are installed together with a cold water filter (which should be replaced every 6 (for commercial clients) or 12 months (for residential clients)), this alarm is also a good reminder for you to replace your cold water filter.
Both the CUBE filter and cold water filter can be ordered from our webshop, using this link. Once you have placed your webshop order, the Quooker service team will contact you within 1-2 business days to schedule a visit for the filter replacement. During this visit our technician will also reset your CUBE alarm, making sure it will only go off again in 12 months, when both your cold water filter and CUBE filter will be due for replacement again.