- main dish (4 people)
- preparation approx 35 min.
What do you need?
- ½ fish stock cube
- a 5 cm piece of fresh ginger,
- sliced thinly
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 ml rice wine or dry sherry
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped + extra for garnish
- 4 salmon fillets with their skin, each weighing 200 g
- 300 g soba noodles or other noodles
- 500 g spinach
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
Pour 300 ml of boiling water in a saucepan in which the salmon fillets fit snugly side by side. Dissolve the stock cube in the saucepan. Add the ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, rice wine, soy sauce and spring onions and leave them to stew softly for approx 15 min.
Then add the fish, switch off the heat, cover the saucepan and leave for approx 10 min.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water according to the instructions on the package.
Stir-fry the spinach in portions in a large saucepan with the sesame oil and season with salt.
Remove the fish from the poaching liquid and serve with the noodles and the spinach. If desired, slightly reduce the poaching liquid and add it to the noodles. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion.